Medtronic, a leader in the world of medical and therapeutic technologies for more than seventy years, wanted to present its new biomedical systems to doctors and nurses at the GISE national cardiology conference.
At international events, one of the biggest challenges for companies is to capture the attention of the target audience and educate them about new product lines. With the launch of innovative biomedical systems, the US company wanted to leverage the visualisation capabilities of Augmented Reality to engage the audience in an educational and entertaining way.
How could we help Medtronic leverage the technology to pique the curiosity of visitors during the convention and generate qualified leads within the physical touchpoint?
- Identifying an engaging educational format that would stimulate the interest of an experienced medical audience
- Turning the conference into a contact generation opportunity required rethinking the traditional approach to audience engagement at the event
Realmore developed an application based on Augmented Reality technology that, integrated with the avant-garde promotional gadget Logoloop, aimed to enhance the communication of the new biomedical systems to the doctors and nurses attending the conference.
By pointing the camera of the device on the gadget, it was possible to activate engaging 3D contents able to educate the public about the specific features of the devices; after interactively viewing the products in Augmented Reality and reading the technical peculiarities in the form of infographics, the public could reach the Medtronic stand and answer the questions of a quiz game. Each correct answer corresponded to the assignment of a score that gave the right to collect a prize in the form of a Medtronic company gadget.
Through the combination of typical gamification dynamics and informative educational content, the biomedical company was able to deliver a modern and innovative experience that generated the interest of a wide audience during the international cardiology conference.
Through the development of a customised Augmented Reality solution Medtronic was able to:
- Educate doctors and nurses on the terrain of new biomedical devices
- Present the new product line in an engaging and effective way
- Boost lead generation at a landmark cardiology event
- Innovate the customer experience and consequently generate positive brand associations