Gear Up, Toyota's regional distributor, is on the US and Middle Eastern markets with more than 100 outlets and offers multi-brand solutions for customising cars of the Japanese brand. In today's global environment, in an increasingly connected and digital world, delivering state-of-the-art cars is no longer necessarily synonymous with competitive advantage in the target market. Tech-savvy customers want to interact with the brand in an innovative way and receive services that respond in real time to their needs and expectations.
Technological boundaries did not allow in the past to effectively communicate a product as elaborate as a car, but the evolution of Augmented Reality allows today to rethink traditional sales approaches and to re-imagine the Customer Experience in a digital and modern way.
At the launch of the new Toyota 86RC in Saudi Arabia, Gear Up wanted to promote the new Japanese car model by exploiting the ability of Augmented Reality to amplify the visualisation of content in real environments. How could we help Gear Up transform the audience's interaction with the Toyota vehicle and improve business results?
- Creating a 3D of the car with crystal-clear detail quality to represent the new model as closely as possible to reality
- Traditional paper catalogues and online viewing via static images did not reflect the company's innovative and technological approach
- The inability to display the model in the colour and aerodynamic detail preferred by customers is sometimes an obstacle during the buying process.
To help Gear Up transform customer interaction with the new car model, Realmore created Toyota 86RC Interactive, an Augmented Reality mobile application that allows customers to visualise and customise the car through a powerful 3D graphical interface.
Through the technology, the potential customer interested in purchasing the car was able to rotate and move the car in space, choose aerodynamic accessories from the menu, turn the lights on and off and finally select the colour of the bodywork. This innovative immersive approach made it possible to observe the virtual car in full size in the showroom and to configure it according to one's preferences before seeing it live and ordering it.
This innovative immersive approach allowed the customer to observe the virtual car in the showroom and configure it according to their preferences even before seeing it in person and ordering it. An additional function of the App allowed the customer to view the interior and exterior design of the model at the end of the configuration thanks to a foldable marker created ad hoc; in this way the customer could observe the future model anywhere and at any time, digitally bringing the dealer into their home garage, and instantly sharing the experience with friends and family as well as on social networks.
Through the development of a purpose-built App with the integration of Augmented Reality, Gear Up was able to:
- Deliver an omnichannel experience through car configuration opportunities within the showroom and in potential customers' environments
- Boost sales by accelerating the purchase decision process
- Reduce the limits of online sales through an innovative digital tool
- Gather insights not only from sales but also from product configuration