IDM SudTirol is pioneer in sustainable economic development in South Tyrol. It provides services to entrepreneurs, with the aim of ensuring sustainable growth and development that promotes the competitiveness of local businesses. IDM SudTirol requested a solution to educate stakeholders and the younger generation about the energy balance adopted by the Brunico’s Institute of Technology.
Renewable energy is a major global challenge which enables the growth of new green industries and is synonymous with the global prosperity of entire economies. How could we help IDM SudTirol generate stakeholder interest in a key topic like environmental sustainability?
- Convey a building’s potential of energy balancing in an effective and engaging way
- Obtain data from energy systems to show stakeholders their impact on the environment in real time
Realmore developed an interactive mobile App that exploited the ability of Augmented Reality to add information in the real environment. Thanks to digital Augmented Reality content superimposed on the displays of visitors' devices, it was possible to visualise specific data indicating the actual optimisation of the boilers and heat sources of an entire building.
The information, superimposed on the heat pumps and boilers, showed the actual impact of the systems implemented by the Technological Institute of Brunico, allowing all stakeholders to visualize the results obtained in the energy field.
IDM SudTirol, which upholds the vision of "making South Tyrol the most desirable sustainable habitat in Europe", has given substance and impetus to the change in the communication of its services by using technology as a key driver to promote them worldwide.
Through the adoption of these innovative technologies, IDM SudTirol has been able to:
- Educate both stakeholders and the younger generation in the field of energy saving
- Build a strong technological and green brand image
- Improve the customer experience at major events
- Involve thousands of people simultaneously with a constantly updated app