ABB VR TRAININGRealmore
ABB Group, multinational giant of robotics, power, heavy electrical equipment, and automation technology, engaged Realmore to transform the way of training and visualizing complex mounting sequences.
Like many players in the Industrial sector, service optimization is always a challenge. Which tools can we provide the technical professional to optimize operations efficiency?
- High cost of transportation and handling of materials.
- High level of technical complexity and customization/configuration.
- Challenge in communicating key future of such technical machineries.
Realmore developed a Customized VR experience later extended in a multi platform gamification solution to simulate a real time assembly of a life-size model of the main distribution switchboard solution. Simply training is not sufficient. We wanted to truly create a meaningful engagement between the user and the system. To do so we utilized a gamification framework. The solution was so engaging that the experience has been utilized as a customer engagement tool.
Through the adoption of a customized VR solution ABB is now able to:
- Present and customize it’s products completely location independent
- Dramatically reduce the cost and risk handling of materials
- Provide the technical staff a new engaging way to learn assembly sequences and configurations
- Provide Client’s and Technician a meaningful experience through gamification and what we call “Serious play”
- Reduce accidents and effectively demonstrate the key features of such a complex solution.